Website Achieva Group Limited
My client, a global Top 10 Pharmaceutical comapny, are currently searching for an experienced PMO/Project Manager to join their team on an initial 6 month contract basis. This role involves working as part of the PMO team which falls under the Business Sustainability function and its purpose is to administer and monitor projects such that cost, quality, plan, time, and benefits realization are controlled and achieved, through ensuring that all projects adhere to the timelines and the team is connected to meet the ultimate goal.
Main responsibilities include:
Project vision, Scope of Works and planning development; benefits and quality management; stakeholder management; portfolio management; project planning including milestone management; and risk and issue management, issues, assumptions, actions logs; resource forecasting; dependency management; and reporting. Operationally, the PMO / Project manager provides and enables project prioritization, manages information, resource planning, decision making.
- Ensure the successful implementation of the PMO’s strategy, responsibilities, services and deliverables.
- Monitor projects’ reporting and assist the team in reporting to Project Sponsor and stakeholders.
- Establish frameworks and standards for Project Management
- Manage and compile project related financial and KPI information
- Provide and maintain a capacity planning and resource tracking service across the Project
- Update and maintain the Risk Log, Action Log, Decisions Log, and Issue Register
- Ensure cross-project dependencies are managed and the dependency log is accurately maintained.
- Coordinate project closure to distill good practice and ensure lessons learned are logged.
- Build cohesion within the team and motivate the team to produce quality work.
- Define and embed project control and governance
- Provide Project planning, Milestone management, Scope management, Resource forecasting;
- Change Management across the project portfolio
- Prepare regular status reporting for the project team and organization leadership
Skills and Knowledge:
- Proven track record for planning, executing, controlling and closing projects and the ability to manage a project and its components simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Experience of managing a PMO office
- Experience of managing the complete lifecycle of a project with project teams of 5 to 25 people
- Experience of project management using AGILE or PRINCE2 methodology (or equivalent) for medium to large sized projects
- Strong skills in creating and maintaining project and programme plans, including risks, actions, issues, dependencies
- Highly efficient in resource planning and tasks assignment
- Knowledge of benefits and dependency mapping, risk management and resource planning
- Excellent written/oral communication skills for reports and presentations
- Ability to influence others at all levels of the business
- Strong and demonstrated ability to build lasting relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to competently mediate disagreements and negotiate agreeable resolutions
- Experience of defining and delivering benefits realization for projects and programme
Specific Role Competencies:
- At least ten years of relevant project management or PMO management experience.
- Line management or team leadership experience
- PRINCE2 Practitioner, PMP, or equivalently qualified in similar project management methodologies
For further details, please contact Tim Barratt on +44(0)1727 817 626 or email email@example.com