Website Achieva Group Limited
++ Role based in Belgium ++
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for:
▪ Defining the overall project strategy for year 3 of the project together with the project
coordinators and WP leaders and assure the strategic goals are reflected in the project
management plan and all actions to accomplish this plan (incl. facilitating steering committee
and cross-WP meetings).
▪ Ensuring timely and accurate documentation and communication of progress and issue
escalation. Day to day monitoring of the ATHENA project management plan and making
adjustments as needed, in close alignment with the work package leaders and the project
2 coordinators. Leading activities of ongoing review of progress on deliverables, completion of
milestones and risk analysis and mitigation.
▪ Monitoring project budget and supervising actuals vs forecast expenses, and reviewing
assigned vendor invoices/spend.
▪ Managing the identified KPIs to measure outcomes and success for the ATHENA project,
ensuring all partners are aligned on the approach to reach these KPIs. Monitoring risk and
mitigation planning which may lead to a deviation of certain KPIs.
▪ Providing leadership and project management for the emerging sustainability initiatives
which have to create mid and long-term value for each of the consortium partners. Support
the consortium in identifying these most appropriate sustainability projects and helping to
build the Return-on-Investment case and business plan for the sustainability phase.
▪ Leading the communication, including supporting internal and external dissemination
activities in order to ensure value generation for all consortium partners.
▪ Successful project close out, assuring all administrative and financial requirements are
fulfilled and making the project and its deliverables audit ready.
▪ An advanced biomedical sciences degree is preferred (Master’s/PhD/PharmD degree) with a
minimum of 10 or more years of total business experience is required.
▪ A minimum of 6 years of project management experience in global clinical research either in a
CRO, Pharma, consultancy or other clinical trial sponsor environment is preferred.
▪ Proven experience in managing and executing complex projects from start to finish.
▪ Excellent organizational, project management and influential management skills, complemented
by a “hands-on” operational and business planning orientation is required. PMI (or equivalent)
▪ Experience leading public private partnerships / consortium projects.
▪ Familiarity with and interest in health technology and health information technologies is
required; direct experience with health information technology, healthcare technology, and
mobile health applications is highly preferred.
▪ Experience with real-world evidence and data sciences is preferred.
▪ Experience contributing to innovative analytical solutions is preferred.
▪ Experience with management and supervision of vendors is preferred.
▪ A self -starter with strong results orientation, who can operate independently and can navigate
complex, matrixed environments is required.
▪ Outstanding communications skills, both written and oral, capable of effectively summarize
abstract concepts into clear, concise and insightful business cases.
▪ Experience collaborating successfully with global clinical teams, R&D Operations, Therapeutic
Areas and Medical Affairs is preferred.
▪ Strong team player, motivating professional colleagues and stakeholders cross functionally and
across organizations within the consortium.
▪ Fluent in the Dutch and English language and based in Flanders or Belgium (site visits expected).